At the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, we take accessibility very seriously, and thus, have made every reasonable effort to make the DESE website accessible to all users. The site has been designed to comply with the Missouri IT Accessibility Standard (pdf), which is based on the federal Section 508 standard for Web sites. It has also been designed according to Missouri's Digital Media Developers guidelines for accessibility.
Here are some other helpful hints to assist you during your visit to the DESE website:
Resizing Text - Browsers
Select View - Text Size, then select size.
Select View - Zoom - and select Zoom In or Zoom Out
Select "Control the current page" button - select Text Zoom - then select size
Keyboard shortcut in all major browsers
- Increase: Ctrl-plus sign ( + ) or Ctrl-equals sign ( = )
- Decrease: Ctrl-minus sign ( - )
- Return to default font size: Ctrl-0 (zero)
- Ctrl-mouse wheel up or down will adjust the font size
Resizing Text - Acrobat Reader
- From the top menu bar, choose the percentage dropdown menu and adjust the size up or down.
Resizing Text - Microsoft Word 2007
- From the ribbon bar, select View - Zoom, then select size.
More information on resizing text and adjusting color
For more information on adjust browser text size and color, please visit:
If you have further questions about the accessibility of this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.