Office of College and Career Readiness
Career Education Grants Available for 14-15 School Year
The following grants are available for the 14-15 School Year:
- Vocational-Technical Enhancement Grant
- Technology & Engineering Grant Award Program
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education Program Improvement Grant
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education Equipment Grant
The grant award information including due dates can be found under Career Education Grants.
Model Curriculum Units Available for Educators
Missouri is taking its first steps towards offering comprehensive curriculum aligned with state and national standards with the release of new online model curriculum. The Department of Elementary and Secondary released model curriculum as a state-level resource for mathematics and English language arts educators in Missouri. The units available represent the first phase of the Department’s curriculum project with the ultimate goal of developing a curriculum in all content areas that align with state and national standards.
2014 National Youth Science Camp
The National Youth Science Camp (NYSC) is a residential science education program that honors and challenges two graduating high school science students from each state. Two high school seniors will receive a full scholarship to exchange ideas with scientists and other professionals from the academic and corporate worlds.
English Language Arts and Mathematics Train The Trainer
Missouri Learning Standards K-12
The Department periodically offers a series of workshops designed to deepen understanding of the Missouri Learning Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. The workshops explore implications for curriculum, instruction, and assessment as Missouri transitions to the new standards. The series is free and designed for staff development providers with the expectation that participants will train others.
- A commitment to attend all sessions in addition to the monthly follow-up meetings is mandatory for registration.
- Those who are currently providing professional development to districts are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Participants must attend every training day in order to become a certified trainer.
- For additional information about the ELA workshop, contact Melia Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For additional information about the Math workshop, contact Jeremy Ellis at email@example.com