Office of College and Career Readiness
The Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition will be hosting a statewide STEM Summit on November 19th and 20th at the Marriott in downtown Kansas City, MO. The focus for this event will be to engage all three sectors of the STEM pipeline- K-12, postsecondary, and workforce- to develop statewide discussion and be a call to action for uniting all three sectors in advancing Missouri’s STEM effort.
Model Curriculum Units Available for Educators
Missouri is taking its first steps towards offering comprehensive curriculum aligned with state and national standards with the release of new online model curriculum. The Department of Elementary and Secondary released model curriculum as a state-level resource for mathematics and English language arts educators in Missouri. The units available represent the first phase of the Department’s curriculum project with the ultimate goal of developing a curriculum in all content areas that align with state and national standards.
English Language Arts and Mathematics Train The Trainer
Missouri Learning Standards K-12
The Department will once again be offering a series of workshops designed to deepen understanding of the Missouri Learning Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. The workshops will explore implications for curriculum, instruction, and assessment as Missouri transitions to the new standards. The series is free and designed for staff development providers with the expectation that participants will train others.
- A commitment to attend all sessions in addition to the monthly follow-up meetings is mandatory for registration.
- Those who are currently providing professional development to districts are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Registration is limited and will be conducted on a first come, first served basis. The registration deadline is June 10, 2013.
- Participants must attend every training day in order to become a certified trainer.
- Please click on the appropriate content area for information about topics, dates, times, and locations.
For additional information, contact Margaret Hagenhoff at email@example.com