Donated Foods Program
- SERVICE OR PROGRAM: Food Distribution Program
- AUTHORITY: Federal: National School Lunch Act, as amended
SERVICE OR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The program provides a wide variety of meat,
poultry, fruits, vegetables, cereal, and dairy products throughout the school year for use in the school lunch program.
- ELIGIBLE RECIPIENTS OR PARTICIPANTS: All children participating in the school lunch program share in the benefits of the Food Distribution Program.
- FUNDING OR GRANTS AVAILABLE:Commodity Food is distr ibuted to schools on the basis of reimbursable lunches served. LEAs are guaranteed .2325 cents per meal for the 2013-2014 school year.
- ACCESS PROCEDURES: The Department provides schools with the necessary
application-agreement forms via the Web in August. Application Renewal should be submitted by September 1, but not later than September 15.
- CONTACT PERSON:
Director, School Food Services
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
P. O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102
Telephone: (573) 751-3526