MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
“Missouri public schools: the best choice… the best results!”
Vacancy Title: Substitute Teacher
Job Order Number: 9765551
Domicile Location: St. Louis
Section/Office: Missouri School for the Blind/Division of Special Education
Salary: $14.03 per hour
Deadline: Open until filled
· 60+ semester hours from accredited college/university OR
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· Missouri State teacher certificate or ability to meet requirements to obtain certificate.
· Experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
· Teach subject matter as outlined by certificated teacher.
· Follow lesson plans and improvise as needed.
· Implement individual education plans in absence of teacher.
· Plan and outline class work within prescribed limits; assemble and prepare learning materials for special study.
· Keep scholastic and attendance records
· Give individual instruction and encouragement as needed.
· May operate as part of a teaching team.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
Complete a DESE application online at http://www.dese.mo.gov/divadm/humanres/documents/Employment_Application_2005.pdf. Please attach a scanned copy of your transcripts with the application. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your application is received online.
NOTE: If a college degree is a requirement for this position, transcripts MUST be submitted with the application in order to be considered for employment. Failure to include transcripts (when required for the position) with your application will eliminate the application from the review process.
We do not keep applications on file to submit for other vacant positions. You must submit an application for each vacant position you are applying for.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Human Resources at (573) 751-9619, through Missouri Relay System at (800) 735-2966, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Our Applicants with Disabilities: For assistance with any phase of the Department process, please notify the Director of Human Resources at (573) 751-9619. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs.
TTY/TDD users: Relay Missouri service (800) 735-2966.
It is the policy of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disability in its programs or employment practices as required by Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Inquiries related to Department programs and to the location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible by persons with disabilities may be directed to the Jefferson State Office Building, Office of the General Counsel, Coordinator–Civil Rights Compliance (Title VI/Title IX/504/ADA/Age Act), 6th Floor, 205 Jefferson Street, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480; telephone number (573) 526-4757 or TTY (800) 735-2966, fax (573) 522-4883, email email@example.com.