A+ Schools ListServ - May 14, 2008
Follow-up Regarding A+ Data and MOSIS
Following the list serve message sent April 25th, several districts contacted the A+ office concerning the Y, N and C designations for submission of A+ students as part of the June Student Core. They indicated that their student information systems only provided a toggle between Y and N.
This issue can be addressed in one of two ways:
1. The data can be corrected before the spreadsheet file is uploaded to MOSIS.
2. Upload the file to MOSIS then edict the student information in that view before certifying.
Other issues related to reporting of data associated with A+ via MOSIS and Core Data:
1. Screen 13 - Core Data coordinators do not need to update Screen 13 this year. The data reported in the student core will automatically populate Screen 13. However, Screen 13 is not a view only field, so if data is entered in this field it will override what has been pre-populated by the MOSIS upload.
2. The name reported for the student should be their LEGAL name.
3. All students with an “I” in the A+ field will need to be changed to “N” before MOSIS is submitted.
4. Mid-year graduates should have a “C” in the A+ field, even if you have previously submitted the name to the A+ section.
5. SSN is not a warning for districts with A+ designated high school. Next year, this field will be incorporated and all completers must have this field completed in order to match with the payment process on the post-secondary side.