Driver's Education is not a course required by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Many schools and districts offer it, however, as a special service to their students and community. Following are some resources that students, educators and parents will find helpful:
See pages 6-7 for information on high school credit, including Driver's Education credit.
The 58th Annual MODSEA Conference was held March 6, 2013 at Monsanto Headquarters. There were many important take-aways from the conference, but three stand out:
- ADTSEA's 3.0 Driver Education Curriculum
- Operation Life Saver: Rail Safety Education
- Mid-America Transplant Services
Driver's Education teachers are encouraged to go to these websites and learn more about the materials and services each of these organizations can offer you and your students.
Save the date: The 59th Annual MODSEA Conference will be held March 5, 2014 at Monsanto headquarters in St. Louis.
- American Automobile Association Keys to Drive Program
- Missouri Driver & Safety Education Organization (MODSEA)
- Missouri Driver Licensing
- Missouri Graduated Drivers License Law
- Missouri Driver Guide
- MSHP Examination Testing Schedules and Locations
- Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Missouri Road Conditions
- MO Dept. of Revenue Motor Vehicle Titling & Registration
- Subject-Specific Competencies for the Beginning Driver Education Teacher in Missouri (Revised April 2003)