Get Adobe ReaderA note about viewing streaming video

Archived FedPro Message

SUBJECT:  Supplemental Educational Services (SES) Provider Information


Title 1 Buildings in Level 2 and above of School Improvement MUST notify all the parents of students in these buildings that they are eligible to receive Supplemental Educational Services. The parent notification letter template and forms are posted on the Supplemental Educational Services (SES) Districts’ webpage:

Documents/SES_Toolkit_Index.htmlDistricts MUST use these templates as written to ensure that all required information is conveyed to parents.  An official copy of your parent notification on District/Building letterhead and dated when it was sent to parents must be uploaded to FormHOG to demonstrate compliance with this requirement.  You will receive another message when the FormHog system is accessible for the 2011-2012 year.


Supplemental Educational Services (SES) Information and Requirements

The Supplemental Educational Services (SES) documents are posted on the SES webpage at:   There are several documents providing information to assist you in meeting SES requirements.  Some are on the main SES webpage, and also in the ‘Districts’ link.  Questions/Answers G.2 and G.3 of the SES Non-Regulatory Guidance Jan. 2009 describe the information that is to go to parents.  All buildings/LEAs must notify parents of all the providers listed under Provider Summaries by Area “Statewide”.  Also, the LEA must include provider summaries for your specific building/LEA by selecting one of the six geographic areas and copying those providers from your geographic area that will serve your building/LEA. 

NOTE:  Districts are encouraged to host a provider fair so parents can obtain more information and ask questions of providers.  With two required enrollment windows, if you are not able to schedule a provider fair at the beginning of the year, you could schedule one before the second enrollment window.  At a minimum, districts should have a meeting for eligible parents to explain SES, answer questions, and assist parents in choosing a provider.

2011-2012 Approved SES Contact Information

There is an Excel spreadsheet provided that includes contact name, phone number, fax number, e-mail and mailing address for the providers.  This will make contact with the providers for fairs and/or services much easier. This list is arranged alphabetically.  It lists the “Area Served” as either Statewide or a specific quadrant in the state to guide you to the providers that have indicated they will serve your area of the state. It indicates if they serve special populations and if their staff can speak languages other than English.

Provider Summaries by Area

There are seven summaries which contain a brief description of each provider taken from Part B of the SES application.  A copy of these service summaries must be distributed to parents along with the district SES letter.  The providers serving statewide will need to be copied and sent to parents, along with those providers from your geographic area that will serve your building/LEA. There are some providers that are highlighted in blue; an introductory paragraph explains why they are highlighted.  You can include them in the information you send to parents, but do not enter into a contract with any of these providers for services until you see that the highlighting has been removed from the list on the website.  Updates will be made as documentation is received.  This Excel document “2011-2012 Approved SES Contact Information” includes the provider’s ID number that you need to use on the contract and evaluation results.

SES Per Pupil Allocation for 2011-2012

This table shows the per pupil calculation for the Title I.A allocation.  This is the minimum amount allowed each eligible child for SES.  You can find the “SES Per Pupil Allocation 2011-2012” at:

Documents/SES_Toolkit_Index.html.  It is under the heading “Supporting Information”.

District Website Reporting Requirements for Buildings in School Improvement

The Title I.A Regulations effective October 2008 require all districts/LEAs receiving Title I.A funds that have buildings in a school improvement status to post information on their website.  The link to the final regulations is at .

Each district/LEA is required to post information regarding School Choice and SES even if you don’t have to offer school choice as an option.  In order to make complying with these regulations easier for you, we have made a template with the required information for each.  The templates are available on DESE’s SES webpage at:


NOTE:  If your district/LEA does not have a website, you must send David Welch an e-mail stating that your LEA does not have its own website, and include the information that would be provided on the website.  The e-mail address is below in the signature area.

David Welch, Director

Gifted Education Programs| Supplemental Educational Services| Public School Choice

Phone:  573-751-7754

Fax:  573-526-6698