Archived FedPro Message
Subject: LAS Links Workshops in January 2010
Listserv Message Date: November 23, 2009
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Missouri Migrant Education and English Language Learning Program are sponsoring a free workshop to prepare districts to coordinate and administer the LAS Links© English Language Proficiency Assessment in winter 2010 as required by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
Participants can choose to attend any of the workshops on the following dates:
- January 7 - Jefferson City 9:30 to noon
- January 11 - Cape Girardeau 9:30 to noon
- January 12 - St. Louis 9 a.m. to 11:30 or 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- January 15 - Springfield 9:30 to noon or 1 to 3 p.m.
- January 20 - Kansas City 9:30 to noon or 1 to 3 p.m.
The workshop is recommended for:
- ESL Coordinators
- ESL Teachers
- Federal Programs Coordinators
- District Test Coordinators
The workshop will include:
- Overview of test & materials
- Training for others in your district
- Test distribution & security
- Administration of the four parts
- Rating the open-ended speaking items
- Preparation & return for scoring
- Q & A
Registration is required; there will be no onsite registration.
- Registration Deadline: One week prior to event
- Registration limited to 4 per district
Go to www.mo-mell.org to download the registration form.
For more information, contact:
Craig Rector, Director
Federal Discretionary Grants