ESEA Flexibility Waiver
Missouri's ESEA Flexibility Waiver Approved
The U.S. Department of Education approved Missouri's Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) waiver giving the state flexibility from burdensome No Child Left Behind (NCLB) requirements. The waiver allows Missouri to use its own accountability system to more effectively identify struggling schools, to efficiently direct resources to struggling schools and to recognize schools achieving exemplary results.
An informational webinar about Missouri's ESEA Flexibility Waiver was held July 3.
ESEA Waiver Changes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Response to questions from the June 29 ESEA Flexibility webinar
- District Resources
- ESEA School Designation
- Sample letter for parents on waiver
- Sample letter for parents on school choice
- U.S. Department of Education ESEA Flexibility Requests and Documents