In November 1999, the National Transition Network (NTN), University of Minnesota, published a handbook, "Meeting the Needs of Youth with Disabilities" for implementing community-based vocational education (CBVE) programs according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Handbook is comprised of three sections:
- Section I introduces the events and actions leading to the development of CBVE and guidelines promoting this approach consistent with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- Section II presents answers to the questions most frequently asked by school personnel in carrying out CBVE programs consistent with the FLSA;
- Section III describes the CBVE experiences of eight students between the ages of 14 and 21. Additional resource information is provided in the appendices.
- Click here to download the full handbook in PDF format.
- For more information on ordering the handbook and/or NTN, please visit their website.